Big problem, or little problem

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Wed Sep 8 23:20:26 UTC 1999

Quoting Richard Michael Todd (rmtodd at mailhost.ecn.ou.edu):
> In message <19990908094449.A14990 at xcski.com>you write:
> >Just noticed this in my daily report, inn 2.2.1 on a Solaris 7 box.
> >dbz.c(set): can't tag value 0x1000016 tagboth = 0xff0000
> >
> >Should I panic, or just get a little nervous?  This is compiled with
> >--enable-tagged-hash because the machine's only got 128Mb of physical memory.

> for.  Is this a new server, just starting up and building up its history file?
> If so, this sort of thing is fairly common.  You do want to run expire soon,

Yeah, it started with a clean slate and an empty history file on Saturday, and
it's getting a big8 + some local heirarchies feed.  It's a test server, going
to replace the inn 1.4 server we have when we upgrade that machine to Solaris
7.  It's run news.daily twice, and I saw this message in the log files the
second time.

--
Paul Tomblin, not speaking for anybody.
SETI at Home:  Finally a *good* way to impress Jodie Foster