msg-id generation

Per Hedeland per at erix.ericsson.se
Tue Sep 21 16:28:40 UTC 1999

Tom Kacvinsky wrote:
>The msg-ids generated use sun06.ams.org.  I want news.ams.org there.  I
>fail to see how this is a "bad idea" in the case of a single news server
>for a domain.

It's not a bad idea in that case, of course (whether it's a worthwile
idea is another question:-) - seems I mentally merged your message with
one of the follow-ons that talked about multiple machines, sorry.

Russ Allbery wrote:
>  I'd like to provide
>people with a way of doing what you want to do that doesn't require
>modifying the code, though, which is what we're trying to figure out.

If this is really deemed to be useful (and I'm not sure it is), I'd
definitely suggest a specific inn.conf parameter, with the default being
the current method.

--Per Hedeland
per at erix.ericsson.se