msg-id generation

brister at vix.com brister at vix.com
Tue Sep 21 18:09:39 UTC 1999

> I wonder if it would make sense to use pathhost instead, or if we should
> add an additional inn.conf parameter for this, like hostname, that would
> be returned by GetFQDN() rather than trying lookups.

We should be careful how configurable we make it: we don't want to make it too
easy for the admin's to create illegal message id's, nor do want to make it
too easy for them to generate message id's appearing to come from another
completely separate domain. Of course anyone with the source can do this now,
but still...

James
--
James Brister                                            brister at vix.com