SM error messages

Richard Michael Todd rmtodd at mailhost.ecn.ou.edu
Sat Sep 25 19:47:20 UTC 1999

In message <4.2.0.58.19990925121419.00aa7b10 at pop.atgi.net>you write:

>I pretty frequently get the following sorts of messages in my syslog:
>
>Sep 25 12:13:37 nnrp nnrpd[22355]: ns1.anastrophe.com group comp.unix.solaris
>0
>Sep 25 12:13:37 nnrp nnrpd[22355]: SM could not find token type or method
>was not initialized (0)
>
>I'm running inn-1999-09-13_03-00 under solaris 7, cnfs-rawdisk for the
>spool, and buffindexed for overview.

The SM is complaining that it got a token with token type of '0', which it
doesn't know how to handle (which isn't surprising, since all the existing
definied SM classes have type numbers 2 or higher).  Sounds like the
buffindexed overview code is sometimes spewing bogus token info (all-zeroes,
maybe) that nnrpd then tries to use.  That'd be my guess, anyway.

Not sure how you'd debug this further, as I'm not familiar with the
buffindexed internals.