inn-2.2 / storageapi + wireformat == corruption

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Sun Sep 26 03:02:38 UTC 1999

In article <ylwvtebl0i.fsf at windlord.stanford.edu>,
	Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> wrote;

} The MIME weirdness is deeply frightening.  Does anyone know the history
} behind -M?  USEFOR says thou shalt not do that (change the encoding of a
} message in transit), and I really don't understand when that would be
} useful.

I've seen who wrote that code, but I can't remember.
I think we can drop it, since that code was incorporated
when MIME standard was not completed and most of MUA
(including news reader) could not handle any MIME
message.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou