[Fwd] autoconf update for mmap

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Tue Sep 28 22:43:24 UTC 1999

In article <ylemfjlyg8.fsf at windlord.stanford.edu>,
	Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> wrote;

} We may want to look at this for our configure checks; it may detect the
} brokenness we're seeing on some platforms.  We're currently checking for
} working mmap() and whether read() sees changes made to an mmap()'d region,
} but we're not checking the other direction (whether mmap() sees changes
} made with write()).

I think the result can be used where msync() is needed; i.e.
innd/icd.c, storage/buffindexed/buffindexed.c and
storage/cnfs/cnfs.c.  Or/and other place?

} The autoconf code just needs some changequotes applied to it.

That can be quoted '[' and ']'.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou