reader config?

Brian Kantor brian at UCSD.Edu
Wed Apr 5 02:50:55 UTC 2000

I'm interested in using 2.3 when released as a leaf node system that will
be supporting our entire campus news reading and posting needs - about
200 to 500 simultaneous readers, all humans (no 'pull' feeds).

In general, our expiration pattern is fairly simple, where we expire
binaries at one rate and most everything else at another, so the ability
to do complex expiration isn't necessary.

Is there a consensus on what storage configuration best suits this kind
of use - i.e., should I use tradspool, CNFS with Berkeley-DB overview, what?
	- Brian