Proposed patch: cancel channel

Matus "fantomas" Uhlar uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Apr 10 15:00:04 UTC 2000

-> > I'd like to have this feature in the next INN release:
-> > <URL:http://sites.inka.de/~bigred/sw/inn-cancel.txt>

-> > The idea is that for sending local cancels in bulk, the NNTP
-> > (unix-domain) socket is used. The client connects, sends the new
-> > command MODE CANCEL,
[deleted]

-> This has been on my list to look at for a very long time, since I very
-> much want this capability in INN.  Sorry about taking so long to look at
-> it.  It looks to me to be pretty straightforward, and the patch is smaller
-> than I expected.
->
-> Should we make a special exception and try sticking this into INN 2.3 at
-> the last minute under the deadline?  It *looks* safe, and it's small, and
-> this seems important functionality.  Or should I hold off until after the
-> release branch and make this one of the first things to go into 2.4?

I don't think we (or probably you, they...) should put this into 2.3;
maybe we should talk more about it, find other ways to do it etc...

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at NEXTRA, Slovakia; IRCNET admin of *.sk
 uhlar at fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/ ; http://www.nextra.sk/