INN regression and unit testing

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Apr 10 20:32:08 UTC 2000

Forrest J Cavalier <mibsoft at epix.net> writes:

> If INN had regression testing, last minute changes wouldn't be so risky.

Funny that you should say that.  One of the first changes that will go
into the new 2.4 development track is a framework for unit and regression
tests and the beginnings of some tests for the library.  I already have
the driver written (I needed it for another project); it's based heavily
on the regression testing system used for Perl.

It will take a *long* time to get full scaffolding set up for serious
tests, but we can get there incrementally.  Once I get that code
committed, contributions of test cases and test scaffolding will be *very*
much appreciated.