Update version converters needed

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 12 20:22:51 UTC 2000

Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> writes:

> I wouldn't rock the boat on 2.3 for anything, but I would like to see
> this early in 2.4. Now that dual CPU Intel platforms are as cheap as
> door prizes, anything which would speed transit servers is welcome.

Kernel threading in INN is going to be very hard.  I intend to get there
someday, but it isn't going to be quick or easy and substantial portions
of INN will need to be rewritten first.  The code is just very poorly
suited to parallelization right now; the assumption that only one piece of
it will be executing at a time is pretty widespread.