<pathbin>/bin/sm not found?

Julien Oster joster+inn at soft-research.de
Wed Apr 26 04:58:30 UTC 2000

Hello!

I'm (now) running INN BETA 20000424 and it works fine. I know it's BETA but
till now I was practically almost able to tweak everything fine, if it was
ever needed.

However, my news.daily sometimes gives me a strange output:

Error log:
/home/news/bin/parsecontrol: no such file or directory: /home/news/bin/sm -q
+[79]

several times a day.

Now the strange thing is that /home/news/bin/sm in fact exists, and it isn't
a script (which would lead me to think that the #!-line at the beginnig might
state a wrong path), no, it is a correct binary OpenBSD/i386 executable. Even
more confusing, the program, calling it from the command line with the all
argument (or without), works fine.

So what's the problem?

Julien