Performance and memory pb with INN 2.3 and timecaf

Laurent Frigault lfrigault at teaser.fr
Mon Aug 7 14:01:58 UTC 2000

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 01:32:41AM +0900, Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:

> Hm, timecaf has cache table internally in some condition when
> retrieving artilcles(even when RETR_STAT).  The table is
> created by hashing accepted time.  Possible table size of the
> cache per class in storage.conf will grow to
> sizeof(*ptr)*256*256*256=64MB and never release until exit.  I
> thinks attached might help you, though still the performance
> issue exists.  And as to performance, nnrpd needs to open/read
> each crunched file.  This will consume disk i/o, since your
> script behavior leads to retrieve all articles.

I applied the path to inn-BETA-20000806 and re-run my test script. This
solved the memory and performance problem, BUT articles are not available
any more (423 Bad article number) :-( so I have to come back to
inn-BETA-20000806 without the patch.

regards,

--
Laurent Frigault | <url:http://www.teaser.fr/~lfrigault>
UNIX _IS_ user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.