who defines Bytes header

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Wed Dec 6 15:04:19 UTC 2000

As I wrote before, I'm currently rewriting art.c/nc.c to
avoid waisteful data copying.  Thinking of some cases like
innd does not read whole article, Bytes header can be used
to determine if extending buffer or moving data at the top
of the buffer.  Of course, every article does not always
have Bytes header or the content may be incorrect.  Just
use it as an estimation.  But, I cannot find clear definition
of it.  Does anybody know where it is?

And also I'm curious that innd never adds nor modifies Bytes
header while overview data, with default overview.fmt, always
includes correct one.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou