INN 2.3 with Heimdal ( Kerberos 5 )

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Thu Dec 7 08:56:38 UTC 2000

Masayuki Matsue <matsue at genetec.co.jp> writes:

> I want to authenticate the user with Heimdal ( Kerberos 5 ).
> but, I can't find the answer how to do it.

> please tell me the information.

There is no protocol support in NNTP right now for real Kerberos
authentication (what really needs to happen in the long term is SASL
support).  If you want to let users send clear-text passwords and then
check them against Kerberos (not recommended for obvious reasons, but I
know it's sometimes the best of a bad situation), modify
authprogs/ckpasswd.c to try to obtain a TGT and make sure it's valid, then
throw it away.