Problems with trn and INN, part 2

Patrick Vervoorn vervoorn at cddb.ubicom.tudelft.nl
Thu Dec 7 14:23:32 UTC 2000

Hello,

As a follow-up to my previous problems:

The newadmin at the site I was having problems with installed the 20001206
prerelease version of INN 2.4.0, and now I can read in the big binaries
group with no problems anymore.

At least trn no longer 'falls back' to fetching article headers using the
XHDR/HEAD commands, and getting the entire group using the 'broken up'
XOVER commands (see the logging I mailed earlier), takes about 2 to 3
minutes (about 87,000 unread articles).

This process does however eat up about 30% CPU time on the server while it
is going on, but I'm not sure if this can be brought down even further...

Anyhow, just wanted to let you know what moving to INN 2.4.0 had for an
effect.

Best regards,

Patrick.