Problems with INN-2.2.3 and SuSE6.4

Dr. Christian Renner stooge at josua.ithnet.com
Sun Dec 10 17:11:39 UTC 2000

On Sun, Dec 10, 2000 at 09:50:14PM +0900, Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:

> In article <20001209175014.A23025 at josua.ithnet.com>,
> 	"Dr. Christian Renner" <stooge at josua.ithnet.com> wrote;
>
> } > Any idea: is there any chance of making INN 2.2.3 or above accept
> } > news that come with a date header of "8 Dec 100 21:39:00 +0100" ???
> } >
> } > Would be very important for me, as I cannot get the mailbox on the other side
> } > to fix its bad and broken system date.
> } ---end quoted text---
> }
> } Starting innd with -c 0 would not help, would it???
>
> This would not help either, since innd treats it as bad one.
> The last resort might be modifying Date header at filter_nnrpd.pl.
> --
> Katsuhiro Kondou(just back from New Orleans)

---end quoted text---

Thanks :) At last an idea.
Although I am quite unsure how to do that.
Is the nnrpd started by innd when rnews sorts in new news arrived via uucp?
Where do I find more about nnrpd (apart from man nnrpd)?

And the worst: could you help me modify the filter_nnrpd.pl so that
news arriving from the server ame gettheir date headers modified????

Kind regards and thanks for the help

Christian
who has managed his innd as long as times were good, but is VERY far from
being good at it and has little idea of perl yet

 Dr. med. Christian J. Renner  aka cjrenner at well.com
 http://www.franken.de/users/daneel/C.Renner/index.html
 Cellphone:(+49 171)7042580 - Phone:(+49 991)3792388
 Workphone:(+49 991)31450 - IRC: Marchal - pgp-key upon request