expire

Chris Sellers chris at powernet.net
Thu Dec 28 17:58:32 UTC 2000

  I am new to the inn. I am running innd on BSDI 4.1. The problem I am having is that I need to manually run an expire. This is due to a server crash and it missed running news.daily.  I tried to manually run news.daily but it seems to not be having much effect.
  I also stopped innd and ran "expire -n" all night. This only freed about 3% of space after running all night! Is there an easy way to just dump the articles and start again? I have
  looked around, but have had no luck in locating an article that gives a newbie a chance.
  A good step-by-step would be great!

  Thanks,
  Chris