inn2.3.1 expireover: could not expire

Erik Mouritzen unilerik at erik.net.uni-c.dk
Sat Dec 30 11:02:09 UTC 2000

On Sat, 30 Dec 2000, Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:

 > In article <200012291007.LAA04772 at erik.net.uni-c.dk>,
 >       Erik Mouritzen <unilerik at erik.net.uni-c.dk> wrote;
 >
 > } The messages "could not expire" started last week.
 > } Today there's not just 2 lines "could not expire", there's about 170.
 > } I think the number of lines increases every night.
 > } Is it normal? What does it means? Is my overview corrupt?
 > } Should I do something?
 >
 > Can you see overview data thru news reader?  If not, overveiw
 > data may be corrupted and need to be recreated.
 > --
 > Katsuhiro Kondou
No, I can't see overview data in these groups.
I'll run "makehistory -Ox"  (running tradindexed).

Can "makehistory -Ox" be done with online readers ?
If yes, should I do "ctlinnd pause rebuild-overview" or is it not necessary ?

And I shouldn't remove all my overview data before "makehistory -Ox" ?

/Erik