inn2.3.1 expireover: could not expire

Bettina Fink laura at hydrophil.de
Sat Dec 30 22:14:05 UTC 2000

Katsuhiro Kondou <kondou at nec.co.jp> wrote:

> } The messages "could not expire" started last week.
> } Today there's not just 2 lines "could not expire", there's about 170.
> } I think the number of lines increases every night.
> } Is it normal? What does it means? Is my overview corrupt?
> } Should I do something?
>
> Can you see overview data thru news reader?  If not, overveiw
> data may be corrupted and need to be recreated.

I've seen something similar; with older versions of INN it was
possible to recreate overviews only for specific groups (delete
overview files, expireover -a -f <file_with_groups_to_recreate).
Is it possible with 2.3x to do something similar (I've found
nothing appropriate in the makehistory man page)?

Bettina