No space (newslib)

Roland Jesse jesse at prinz-atm.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Thu Feb 10 12:53:16 UTC 2000

Kjetil Torgrim Homme <kjetilho at ifi.uio.no> writes:

> You need to have room for two copies of the history file, and two
> copies of the overview information (worst case -- divide by days of
> retention) unless you use the new method for overview storage.

news.aprikose ~ % ll db/history
-rw-rw-r--   1 news     news     7983295 Feb 10 03:01 db/history
news.aprikose ~ % du -sk spool/overview
94123   spool/overview

Which means, that I should make sure to have about 200 MB free space
in this specific filesystem? Assumed that I already have half of this
space occupied, there are about 75-80 MB missing:

news.aprikose ~ % df -k .
Filesystem            kbytes    used   avail capacity  Mounted on
/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s7    1154055 1128076   23671    98%    /local/scratch

That's the only file system I have currently available for news on this
machine.

Hhhm, hhhm.
                        Roland