INN and overview (recovering from crash)

Alexandre CHERIF alexandre.cherif at worldonline.fr
Tue Feb 15 23:28:45 UTC 2000

Hello,

my overview is apparently broken, when trying to get the list of new message
for a group, random characters arrive. example, in the subject i got part of
the Path: of news newsgoup: line :(

i've done some research to know how to get a fixed overview and after some hours
i found this:

PREFIX/bin/makehistory -S -O -I PREFIX/tmp/list.temp -f temp.history
and
sort -t' ' +1 -2 PREFIX/tmp/temp.history | PREFIX/bin/expireindex -a -o -z

does anyone kown if this might work to solve my problem ? or have a better solution ?
and since the makehistory create a new history file (temp.history) must i move it over the old
history file ???

i'm using cnfs and my overview is the old one (directories)

Regards
----
Alexandre