Compiling INN 2.2.2 on Redhat 6.1 SMP

Greg Otto gdo at newf.com
Tue Feb 22 22:19:13 UTC 2000

Thanks for the reply Forrest...

My output is as follows:

[root at cust5 billybob]# gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/egcs-2.91.66/specs
gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)
[root at cust5 billybob]#

If you run config.guess on a single CPU system, I get the following:

[gdo at squid2 inn-2.2.2]$ ./config.guess
i686-pc-linux-gnu

On a system with dual CPU's, I get NO response.

Forcing to a --host=i668-pc-linux-gnu during the configure process, I go
from a "can't guess host type" to C compiler doesn't work, can't write
executebable.

Greg