Compiling INN 2.2.2 on Redhat 6.1 SMP

Forrest J. Cavalier III forrest at mibsoftware.com
Tue Feb 22 21:42:42 UTC 2000

> The configure script & configure.guess bomb out multiple times when ran on a
> system with dual 500 PIII's.  Ran on a single CPU system, I don't have any
> problems.
>
> Any ideas on what the problem may be as I think it has to do with the
> modified UNAME -x returns having extraneous characters in it.

I know this is a stupid question.  But do you have a working gcc
installed?

I happened to notice this during a recent install for someone else
on a new system.

INN configure ends up testing for gcc after configure.guess already
needed it.  And the error messages are not very helpful.

So, what's the output of gcc -v?

Forrest J. Cavalier III, Mib Software, INN customization and consulting
'Pay-as-you-go' commercial support for INN.
Searchable hypertext INN docs, FAQ, RFCs, etc: 650+ pages:
   http://www.mibsoftware.com/innsup.htm