INN

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 23 12:02:27 UTC 2000

Atsushi Tamae <atamae at mac.com> writes:

> This is a firtst time to post mail to this ML. I am recetly working to
> install INN.  Where can I get INN-2.3 ?

INN 2.3 hasn't yet been released, but that's what we're calling the
current development snapshots.

<http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/inn.html#1.3>

Subject: 1.3. Where can I get INN?

The download site for INN is <URL:ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/inn/>.  In that
directory are the various releases of INN, some additional documentation
(particularly of security holes), the original INN Usenix paper.

There is also a snapshots subdirectory, in which you will find daily
snapshots of the INN CVS repository for the last seven days.  The
snapshots with STABLE_2_2 in the name are the latest versions of the
STABLE branch and may have some additional bug fixes over the current
released version.  The other snapshots are of the current development
version.

Please note:  There is no guarantee that a snapshot will even compile, let
alone function well as a news server.  In particular, the CURRENT branch
is under active development, and all sorts of things may be broken at any
given point in time.  Use snapshots with caution, and don't use snapshots
from the CURRENT branch on any production system unless you're prepared to
debug the inevitable problems in code that's actively changing and not yet
thoroughly tested.  (The STABLE snapshots should be fairly reliable,
however.)