NEWS SERVER ERROR

Kevin McKinnon kevin at sunshinecable.com
Thu Jul 6 18:10:19 UTC 2000

> I have a problem about accessing my Linux (RH6.2) news server from a
> Microsoft Outlook client. Everything works but if I try to send messages
> with an attached file. When I try so the folowing error message is
> displayed:
>
> Impossible send the message.  Object 'prova ', Account: 'my.domain.com (1)',
> Server: 'my.domain.com', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441 437 Binary in
> non-binary group', Port: 119, Protection (SSL): No, Server error: 441, Error
> Number: 0x800CCCA9

Francesco,

The useful part of the error messages is "437 Binary in non-binary
group".

This is a message from 'cleanfeed', telling you that an article with
binary attachments was posted to a newsgroup that is not supposed to
get binary articles.

You can either add the additional groups to 'bin_allowed', or set
'block_binaries' to 0 to prevent cleanfeed from even checking that.

Best regards,
Kev

Kevin McKinnon, Sr. News Administrator              news at sunshinecable.com
Sunshine Communications Cable Internet       http://news.sunshinecable.com
[cronkite.sunshinecable.com  INN2.3  Incoming Curr:13.9Mbps,Peak:20.2Mbps]