nnrpd/misc.c segfault & (maybe) fix

Extra Strength Flufferin supersede at india.com
Sun Jul 9 19:04:07 UTC 2000

In nnfolder+Mail:inn-workers, Katsuhiro Kondou <kondou at nec.co.jp> wrote:

> I've already committed your patch, but I want to know the
> situation the problem happens.  Could you show me the back
> trace and value of variables(PERMreadlist, PERMspecified,
> PERMaccessconf and access_realms) at gdb?

Oh sorry, that's what you get at 2 in the morning.

Grrrr, and I can't reproduce the segfault now.  That was before expire
ran too, so the evidence is gone.  Details as I remember them: at the
moment I'm playing with tradindexed overview again, the gruop it was
stumbling on was control, the command I sent was "newnews * 20000101
000000 GMT" (but any newnews would do it), and PERMmatch() was dying
on the "if (Pats[0] == NULL)" line, when being called by HaveSeen().

I'll leave the older version of the test in misc.c and keep running
tradindexed for a while, to see if things can get into a state where
it happens again.

Ugh.