Draft specification for future X-Trace header

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Jul 10 10:58:07 UTC 2000

Just a thought on POST vs. IHAVE. I don't know what others may do, but I
have two *very* different policies for filtering of transit and local post
articles. For that reason I would be very unlikely to give a user anything
but POST access, since their misbehaviour reflects on me, and I consider
them bound by my organizational policies.

And finally, I don't accept or feed local groups, so anyone not using POST
would also not be able to use those groups. This has worked well with
crd.*, starix.*, and tmr.*, less well with prodigy.*, since we have some
morons who think it's cute to suck articles and post them to the net.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc