Display of the number of the article

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue Jul 11 07:06:12 UTC 2000

Jean-Michel BESNARD <jmbesnard at almeda.de> writes:

> I use a Javaservlet as client for a web application (a forum wich works
> with INN).

> For some reasons I had to delete some posted news ( I deleted in the
> spool directory and ran makehistory).

> My problem is that my web application display the number of posted
> article and not the number of article wich are now on the spool.  For
> example : I post 5 news, if a delete 4, I have now only one news but the
> servlet displays "5".

The article numbering, for current versions of INN, is taken from the
overview information.  Nightly, news.daily runs expireover which picks up
those changes and adjusts the overview counts.

If you set nnrpdcheckart in inn.conf to true, this may cause GROUP to
return more accurate results, at the cost of a bit of a performance hit.