[2.4 nnrpd] nntpext patch

sven at tin.org sven at tin.org
Wed Jul 12 01:05:58 UTC 2000

In article <yl3dlg6w11.fsf at windlord.stanford.edu> Russ Allbery wrote:
|>>  - Add LIST EXTENSIONS command.
|> What all is left to do, out of curiosity?  I can update the TODO file for
|> this.  (Thanks for doing this -- it was one of the high-priority
|> projects!)

LIST EXTENSIONS currently looks like this:
   Printf(" LISTGROUP\r\n OVER\r\n PAT\r\n.\r\n");

My suggestion is to extend the CMDtable in nnrpd.c with an additional
BOOLean field "extension". If it's true, the command is listed in
reply to LIST extensions.

This allows new commands easily to be added. Also it allows a site specific
disabling of certain NNTP extensions (for example if SENDME/SHOVEIT was
integrated, I think some admins would decide to disable it) without editing
the source code in different places.

Of course this is only a minor detail :)

Sven