Last call for 2.2.3 and 2.3.0

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Jul 12 02:21:17 UTC 2000

Todd Olson <tco2 at cornell.edu> writes:

> Fix:
>   make sure an appropriate openlog is called *before* ReadInnConf()
>   is called.

Think this has now been fixed.  Thanks!

> I suspect this occurs everywhere ReadInnConf is called.  It appears to
> me that the log facility is *not* configurable through the config files,
> but rather that it is compiled in.  Hence would it not be better for
> openlog() to be called in befor ReadInnConf rather than after ???

Yup, it should always be called before-hand.

(Really, the inn.conf reading function has no business calling syslog
since lots of other programs could be wanting to read inn.conf files, such
as news readers and the like, and may not want to be dumping random
oddities into the machine syslog file, but the theory that inn.conf files
are usable for non-INN programs got kinda broked a long time back and is a
rather dubious concept at this point.)