status information

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed Jul 12 13:45:23 UTC 2000

On 11 Jul 2000, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Roger Martensson <Roger.Martensson at ite.mh.se> writes:
>
> > Been browsing through the docs/mans/whatever in search for a nice status
> > command.
>
> > What I want to know is more exactly how many articles is there in a
> > hierchy(comp.*, comp.protocols.* etc).
>
> > Is there a generic status tool available for inn?
>
> Not that does that in particular, but you should be able to write one
> pretty quick with a little bit of awk and the active file, since it has
> the number of articles in each individual group.

  If you only want to use the difference between the high and low that's
fine, but if you really want to know what's available you need to use
overview. I use getover, here is something I'm typing totally off the top
of my head:

  grep '^comp\.' db/active | sed 's/ .*//' |
  xargs -n1 getover localhost | wc -l

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc