using filter_post to modify headers

Todd Olson tco2 at cornell.edu
Wed Jul 12 16:36:04 UTC 2000

Hi

>On 11 Jul 2000, Russ Allbery wrote:
>
> > I think he should force all his users to use Kerberos for authentication,
> > like we do.  That makes them get their clocks right; Kerberos tolerates
> > about ten minutes deviation and then dies.  :)
>
>  On a related note, is there xntpd for WinXX?
>
>  And also related, I wonder if we could get readers to set the process
>local time from the date command, avoiding the problem. Put that in the
>NNTP standard scheduled to be released in 2100.

Cornell uses internally a ddl/extention (etc) called Kclient along with
a program called sidecar that allows our windows and mac clients to do
kerberos authentication even if the client program does not support kerberos.
Kclient supposedly now syncs the clocks to the campus time server

I'm working (slowly) on encorporating server side support for this
into nnrpd

Regards,
Todd Olson
Cornell University