history grep? 2.3 beta

Forrest J. Cavalier III mibsoft at epix.net
Mon Jul 17 21:26:32 UTC 2000

> In all versions of 2.3 beta we have tried, some process (seems to be innd)
> is spawning greps all the time.  This is nuts.  Perhaps I need to add a
> new startup switch to innd to prevent this, but my current systems dont
> have the horsepower to do these constant greps, and icoming feeds have
> dropped to 19GB from over 70GB.

Knowing the true parent process of the grep would be helpful here.

My wild guess is you need to look into the usecontrolchan setting
in inn.conf, and the controlchan script.

Forrest J. Cavalier III, Mib Software, INN customization and consulting
'Pay-as-you-go' commercial support for INN: Only $64/hour!
Searchable hypertext INN docs, FAQ, RFCs, etc: 650+ pages:
   http://www.mibsoftware.com/innsup.htm