ietf-nntp MODE READER

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Thu Jul 20 11:13:42 UTC 2000

moved from nntp WG list;

In article <yl66q1x59b.fsf at windlord.stanford.edu>,
	Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> wrote;

} > I've just noticed that the initial connection returns 504 for service
} > unavailable, but other commands (including MODE READER) return 502. Is
} > this correct ?
}
} INN's return codes for service temporarily unavailable currently are not
} compliant with this draft.  In this case, I believe that the draft is
} right and INN is wrong.

Could you point where it is?

btw, if innd is set up not to allow readers, we've got;

# telnet localhost nntp
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
200 server InterNetNews server INN 2.3.0 (20000711 CVS prerelease) ready
mode reader
500 Syntax error or bad command

This is not compliant that draft also, and I think this
needs to be fixed to return 502.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou