problems with overview under storageapi in INN 2.2.2

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Wed Jul 26 11:38:06 UTC 2000

In article <0846B011B9A4D111A1EE006097DA4FCE0421FD1C at icex1.cc.ic.ac.uk>,
	"Hubbard, Matt" <m.hubbard at ic.ac.uk> wrote;

} Does anyone know if/what I am doing wrong? Or if this is the expected
} behaviour?

It's expected.  Overview architecture for 2.2.* is to create
overview data as uniover and overview index under pathoverview.
Without index, you cannot read article and overview data.

} My unified overview files, am I meant to be recreating them each week, or is
} part of the news.daily meant to clear out the old entries?

It's part of the news.daily.  For uniover, it's recreated by
expire, and for indices, they are recreated by expireindex.

} If I'm to do this manually periodically, can someone tell me the correct
} procedure:
} - throttle or pause the server?
} - "makehistory -O" (any more flags I ought to throw in at the same time?)
} - restart server
}
} I imagine I am doing something wrong in both instances, but I've yet not
} been able to find out what.

History and needs to be recreated also, since the token
written in it includes pointer to overview data.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou