Issues with starting rc.news

Mike Gibbs gibbs at servint.com
Mon Jun 5 21:07:03 UTC 2000

First of all, if this is the wrong list, then please point me to the right
one for these questions.

Ok, for no reason I can find, when I try and start rc.news (or inndstart)
It looks like it is working ok, then just dies, with the below errors.
the first line only happens once, then rest are continous everytime I
rerun it, until reboot.

Jun  5 16:59:58 news.servint.com rnews: cant open_remote Connection
refused
Jun  5 17:03:42 news.servint.com innd: SERVER descriptors 64
Jun  5 17:03:42 news.servint.com innd: SERVER outgoing 5
Jun  5 17:03:42 news.servint.com innd: SERVER ccsetup control:57
Jun  5 17:03:42 news.servint.com innd: SERVER lcsetup localconn:59
Jun  5 17:03:42 news.servint.com innd: SERVER rcsetup remconn:4

Hopefullyits not something stupid that I can shoot myself about.  Thanks.

Mike Gibbs