INN doesn't work with BerkeleyDB 3.0.55...

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Jun 13 11:22:02 UTC 2000

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, Per Hedeland wrote:

> There is a known bug in 3.0.55 that causes core dumps in exactly the
> above circumstances (alignment problem) - a patch is available at
>
>   http://www.sleepycat.com/update/3.0.55/patch.3.0.55.html

  Given the number of people who have been having problems with broken DB,
I think it would be nice if there was a clear pointer to a version which
does function. I tried it with several versions and had no luck at all.

  It would be nice if someone wrote a few lines about each type of
overview to detail what the advantages and disadvantages might be. Things
like speed or store, speed of reader delivery, will it grow as needed or
do you have to guess the ratio of article to overview size, etc.

  There was a patch back in 1.4 days which put overview in the same
cycbuffs as articles, and that worked very well, as I recall. Of course it
has all the 1.4 problems, but it used all the disk space all the time.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc