Seeing: Server throttled Success writing SMstore file -- throttling

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Jun 13 12:28:52 UTC 2000

On Sun, 4 Jun 2000, Joe St Sauver wrote:

> What strikes me as particularly odd is that this is a "Success" report
> rather than a failure report -- if the server was throttled because of a
> problem, that I understand; what surprises me is to see it throttle as a
> result of a *successful* operation! :-;

  Shades of VMS C! When the first C came out, DEC insisted that a normal
termination exit status was one instead of zero, and in fact there is an
exit code defined in X3J11 because of this. If you ran a program which
ended with "exit(0);" you got a woarning:
  WARNING-W-WARNERS: Fatal error: normal termination

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc