2.2.2 and lost articles

Bettina Fink laura at hydrophil.de
Fri Jun 16 12:01:08 UTC 2000

Hi,

a have a small Linux test box running inn-STABLE-20000606. This
night, one of my Diablo peers obviously went crazy:

Jun 16 03:55:54.920 - xxxxx <3949893B.F209DDEA at roava.net> 437 No colon-space in "Bhavin Shah wrote:" header
Jun 16 04:06:02.053 - xxxxx <cancel.15060021.2314 at redhot.com> 437 No colon-space in "Spam (EMP) cancelled - multiposted binary files" header
Jun 16 04:10:26.317 - xxxxx <8i97m2.3vvrnr5.1 at mm.invalid.de> 437 No colon-space in "On Wed, 14 Jun 2000 22:46:16 +0200, weise160975 at germany.airforce.net (Sven" header
Jun 16 04:16:41.164 - xxxxx <2j2ci8.ua5.ln at a2k.dyndns.org> 437 No colon-space in "Hans Bonfigt <bonfigt.ses-koeln at t-online.de> wrote:" header
Jun 16 04:22:01.011 - xxxxx <3h6bi8.rl1.ln at Kira.hh740258.dialup.rwth-aachen.de> 437 No colon-space in "Dieter Bruegmann <nutznetz at bruhaha.de> wrote:" header
Jun 16 04:22:03.318 - xxxxx <pl6bi8.rl1.ln at Kira.hh740258.dialup.rwth-aachen.de> 437 No colon-space in "Johanna Ostermann <JoJo11 at kasperhausen.de> wrote:" header

It looks like the first line of the article's body was pulled into
the header. I've cross-checked some IDs on another box, the articles
itself were fine before the Diablo toasted them. (Add: While typing
this I got mail from the admin of the Diablo: Bug in Diablo.)

But the main problem is: My INN box has about 50 peers, but I've
lost about 130 articles completely the Diablo peer offered first:

news at wuff:~ > grephistory '<pl6bi8.rl1.ln at Kira.hh740258.dialup.rwth-aachen.de>'
/dev/null

The INN box has "remembertrash: true", but that was only intended
for articles to unwanted groups ...

Any idea if I've missed any config switch, if that's a bug in INN
that one defect peer can kick you out and I have to strangle the
Diablo's admin or ...? Shouldn't INN be more generous with obvious
syntax errors and remove such articles from precommit cache and
history so that another peer can offer them again?

TIA,
Bettina