Newbie Question?

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Fri Jun 16 16:08:45 UTC 2000

Quoting Casey Mueller (casey at gcentral.com):
> Hi,
>    I recently managed to get INND up and running. My news articles are being
> fed to me from my upstream provider like never before... :) I have a couple
> questions however, is it possible to limit the size of my spool so that my
> harddrive doesnt overflow? Also, where in the configuration files do I

Use the CNFS (or is it CFNS?).  You make a fixed sized buffer for the
articles, and they never grow beyond that.  I don't use it, because I
don't believe 1000 article per day newsgroups should take precedence over
5 article per day newsgroups.

> specify what articles I want to let in and reject? Ive looked in newsfeeds
> and have tried things but nothing seems to work? Any help would be greatly
> appreciated....

What do you mean?  Do you want to control only allowing specific
newsgroups, or do you want to spam filter?  If you want to spam filter,
look into enabling perl filtering and using cleanfeed.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com>, not speaking for anybody
Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of