INN 2.3 + OpenSSL (fwd)

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Mon Jun 19 14:00:56 UTC 2000

In article <Pine.LNX.4.10.10006191340570.659-100000 at arnhem.dev.wxs.nl>,
	Elena Samsonova <E.Samsonova at planetinternet.nl> wrote;

} I configured it for openssl (configure --with-openssl=/path/to/ssl)
} and compiled it. I even make a cert for news daemon but I don't know
} how to "turn on" SSL functionality. After "inndstart" daemon listens
} only on port 119. NNTPS port is unused. I've tried to start innd with
} -P563 option but it won't work because server "can't bind to restricted port".
} Please help me if you can. Maybe you have URL to some kind of
} manual about SSL in innd? TIA

Both 2.3 and CURRENT do not supprt SSL for innd.
--with-openssl is for nnrpd.  See INSTALL for the
description.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou