inn-BETA-20000620 under linux

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Sat Jun 24 02:52:00 UTC 2000

Geoff Wilson <gmwils at ecr.mu.oz.au> writes:

> I'm seeing some odd problems under linux with the 2.3 betas. There seems
> to be a problem with allocating memory for articles. The symptoms tend
> to include the process chewing up heaps of memory.

> next
> cnfs.c:1353 Can't malloc 1852142638 bytes: Cannot allocate memoryConnection
> closed by foreign host.

You have articlemmap set to false in inn.conf and CNFS is trying to read
an article that it believes to be 1.8GB in size.  Sounds to me like you've
got a corrupted CNFS buffer.  Not sure how that happened, though, because
I didn't think the underlying file format for CNFS changed any between INN
2.2 and INN 2.3.