The infamous to-do list

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sun Jun 25 12:01:25 UTC 2000

On Sat, 24 Jun 2000, Richard Todd wrote:

> Um, AFAIK both tradindexed and buffindexed have no problem with being
> fed article data out of order; I don't know about ovdb.

Correct. as soon as you go to xrefslave you get articles out of sequence,
because a large article takes longer to send, and small "later" articles
may complete on an alternate socket. Or a single dropped packet will delay
completion of one articles while other continue to flow until the packet
retry timeout.

I make this worse by putting large articles on one set of sockets and
normal on another. That prevents the didigtzed crap from getting in the
way of real articles.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc