Last call for 2.2.3 and 2.3.0

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Thu Jun 29 00:01:09 UTC 2000

Forrest J Cavalier <mibsoft at epix.net> writes:

> I just did a contract install of 2.3 for someone, and that made me
> remember to ask the list what others are using for "remember:"

> The default in 2.3 is 14, but is anyone actually using that?  My guess
> is that almost everyone has to knock this down to keep history in check.

> What are you using?

I'm personally using 7.  I proposed a while back lowering it to 7, but
Barry was worried it would reject too many articles.  There was some
subsequent discussion (I'm not seeing many rejections, but I'm not
carrying a full feed), but we never reached a firm conclusion.

I'll propose again lowering it to 10.  Any objections?

> Should the value in samples/expire.ctl be changed?

Yeah, and the innconf default that should generally match it.