Problem with e-mails from the daemon

Andrés andres at redys.com
Tue May 2 06:49:43 UTC 2000

INN

> >> What error messages?  Do you have a .qmail-news file in ~alias?  What's
> >> in it?
>
> > I tried to use one, but it didn't work.
>
> What error messages?  What's in it?
>
> You really have to give us more information to debug your problem.  (It's
> probably not an INN problem, and the qmail mailing list may be a better
> place to ask, but as I use qmail on all of my news servers I can probably
> answer your question if you can give me enough information to debug your
> problem.)

For example:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at redys.com.
I tried to deliver a bounce message to this address, but the bounce bounced!

<news at redys.com>:
Unable to chdir to maildir. (#4.2.1)

--- Below this line is the original bounce.

Date: 25 Jan 2000 18:45:28 -0000
From: MAILER-DAEMON at redys.com
To: news at redys.com
Subject: failure notice

Date: 14 Jan 2000 09:38:37 -0000
From: news at redys.com
To: news at redys.com
Subject: localhost.localdomain Daily Usenet report for Fri Jan 14 10:37:59
CET 2000

Server status:
No innd.pid file; did server die?
Can't send "mode" command (sendto failure) No such file or directory.

etc......

And here's another one:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at redys.com.

<news at redys.com>:
Temporary error on maildir delivery. (#4.3.0)