innfeed with dial up connection

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue May 2 21:44:06 UTC 2000

Sangohn Christian <christian.sangohn at post.rwth-aachen.de> writes:

> What is necessary to feed my local innd using innfeed?  I especially
> don´t know what command to run in my script /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/sendnews-up
> which is run each time I get on line.

The way I'd recommend to do this is rather than use innfeed, set up your
newsfeeds file to batch outgoing posts to a file, and then run nntpsend
when you go on-line.

Note that this assumes you have permission to feed your upstream server,
not just post to it, which normally isn't the case for a typical ISP.  If
you're using a regular ISP news server, you may want to look at one of the
extra packages like suck or newsx to handle that part of things.