INN config file parsing infrastructure

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu May 4 12:05:34 UTC 2000

On Mon, 1 May 2000, Todd Olson wrote:

> Hum ... I'm having trouble deducing how you will handle the case
> where I want to write
>      parameter:  first_token \
>           second_token
>
> and have it mean
>      parameter:  first_token second_token

I wait for clarification on this, but I would expect
  parameter:  "1st token
 2nd token"
^ significant space here

would do what you want.

> >Whitespace between the colon and the first non-whitespace character or
> >opening quote of the value is ignored.
>
> and if there is not a first non-whitespace?

  Then there should be no first whitespace. Trailing blanks are the curse
of parsers, inn.conf has (had?) a problem with that, and complained if
there was space after a parameter with no value.

  We should clarify this, preferably by ignoring unescaped and unquoted
trailing whitespace.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc