INN config file parsing infrastructure

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Sat May 6 08:55:31 UTC 2000

Todd Olson <tco2 at cornell.edu> writes:

>>> And in the case of something like readers.conf it a tool that let you
>>> on the command line enter a particular address & and userid and show
>>> how they were rejected or accepted by the different stanzas would be a
>>> useful debugging tool.

> So as a separate suggestion, the part of nnrpd that takes the does the
> semantics should be written so that a separate commandline validator can
> be built against it to do what I suggested above.

Wholeheartedly agreed; in fact, I consider that necessary to also be able
to do reasonable unit testing of that code.  (Viewing parts of INN with
the goal of also enabling automated unit testing has already helped me
find a lot of opportunities to put more powerful configuration debugging
tools in the hands of the site administrator.)