2.3 beta: "Token not found" during expiry

Fletcher Mattox fletcher at cs.utexas.edu
Wed May 17 13:16:01 UTC 2000

Karl Kleinpaste wrote:
> This is beginning to concern me a bit more.
>
> Today's news.daily report includes 428 entries of this flavor:
> Could not remove @050000001D7B000000020000000000000000@: Token not found
> Could not remove @0500000021C8000000170000000000000000@: Token not found
> Could not remove @05000000224D000000030000000000000000@: Token not found

Do you use tradspool and CNFS?  If so I believe this is harmless.

This started happening here about the same time I asked Katsuhiro Kondou
to fix expirover to not stat every article in the spool.  The "Token not
found" message is printed by expirerm when expireover tells it to remove
an article which is was selected to be expired, but which had already
been removed from the spool (say, by a cancel message).  At least that
was my analysis a couple months ago; I haven't looked at it again since
grepping it out of news.daily and forgetting about it:

	expirerm ${RMFILE} 2>&1 | grep -v 'Token not found'

If my analysis is correct, we should find a proper fix, since this
will alarm lots of folks.