CNFS and overview

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue May 23 07:54:24 UTC 2000

Vangelis Haniotakis <haniotak at ucnet.uoc.gr> writes:

> In that case I guess innd would throw an error message or two, and
> perhaps not load at all - I don't really want to find out.

Actually, no; inn.conf is currently handled in a somewhat odd fashion and
the parser used by innd ignores anything it doesn't recognize silently.
One of the things I'm going to fix with the new parser (it was done that
way to support adding additional configuration parameters that are only
used in shell scripts, but I think the additional checking is worth the
minor hassle and bloat from storing in the struct parameters only used by
the scripts).